CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Thing Is..



It’s what I always end up saying whenever I can’t express what I am trying to say. And it makes me sound like a dithering idiot, and since I am not the kind of girl (ok woman), who wants to sound like a dithering idiot, this is not good for me at all. It seems that as Mxit and Facebook and Google Chat become more popular with university students, so their being able to express themselves outside of these contexts seems to become impossible. I may be wrong, in fact many will argue with me that never before has communication been so direct, so simple and so expressive. And yet, I find myself unable to articulate half of what I mean a lot these days. It may just be that I am English major with an English teacher for a mother and so am just prone to picking up on these things. And you may be thinking that I should just go back to reading a book and stop bothering you with this nonsensical psychobabble, and you may be right, but next time you are trying to explain yourself to somebody and simply can’t, you might just give me a chance.

0 comments: