CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Warning! love yourself before anyone else...

Congratulations for making it this far in life, varsity is a huge step from high school. You meet lots of people; you make friends and boyfriends, in the process of forming these relationships I think one needs a little bit of guidance along the way. I would like to focus mainly on the issue of choosing the right boyfriend. Take this as an advice from an older version yourself. I can see so much of me in you, I was once a naïve little girl just like you and I fell in love not once but twice. It didn’t work out because I didn’t how relationships work; I let guys treat me wrong. I made huge mistakes when it came to guys and I wouldn’t you to go down the same route that I did. I know you are afraid and you don’t want to be alone, the truth is you are not alone.

Choosing a boyfriend is not easy, especially at varsity. First and foremost don’t get a boyfriend just because everyone has one, get one because you want one. Love yourself before you love anyone else. Find someone who will love for being you, someone who will respect you, if he doesn’t leave him. Don’t be his second best, he’s not worth if he doesn’t have eyes only for you and you know that you are better than that. Don’t settle for anything less than that or else you will do that for the rest of your life.

You are not obligated to him; you don’t owe any man anything. Do not rush into things that you are not ready for, just because you want to please him. Don’t let him rule your life. Don’t act all stupid for him, don’t miss lectures because of him because he will graduate and leave you, don’t depend on him. Lastly don’t let him rule your life; no man is worth that much.

Hope that this letter opens up your eyes and it helps you find the one.

With purest love.
Zinzi

1 comments:

MBALLY said...

Deep stuff there Zinz..all is true. "Dnt do things to please him" love that one. Hope it wasn't that bad whatever hurt you or or not that made you smile at the thought of him.
Am just sad I wasn't told personally of the little details afterwards hey...you know what i mean....(soory have to write this here but hey whereas could i because i never see u).

In all thats powerful and hope many will take it into heart bcos i did.