CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 26, 2008

GET OUT OF BED AND GET INVOLVED!


Dearest Little Lucy

It was the third day of 0-week and all I could feel were the late nights pushing my eyelids down. If I had realized how thirsty I would have been that morning I might have in fact drunk even more the night before. The senior student banging on my door did not realize that every knock sounded like a bomb exploding on the inside of my ear. I very hesitantly sat up, much to my body’s disgust, and tried to way up the pros and cons of leaving my bed (a process which often appeared to lean towards the con side of things!). You will most likely be in this very situation.

Your house committee who are slightly ahead of sleep and a little less nervous than you will try desperately to convince you that six am serenading to a group of smelly first year boys, although not compulsory, is “tons of fun” and a “good group bonding time” where really the only bonding you will wish to do is with your bed. So what do you do?

GET OUT OF BED AND GET SINGING!

Getting involved in res activities, as seemingly difficult as they might be at the time, makes it impossible not to make friends. Something like serenading requires little work and supplies a surprising amount of fun. I know you get nervous to get involved in new things but if you could see the wonderful friendships you will form you would not let a few butterflies and a bad headache get in your way.

These activities continue all through the year in all different areas including academics, cultural, sporting and social events and are surely the number one way to make friends. Don’t be afraid to get involved, this is the year to do as much as you possibly can with as many people as you possibly can.

Your older self with loving advice,
Lucy xxx

0 comments: